

Lately, I have been experiencing several butterfly moments. The first was 2 weeks ago when I was mowing the lawn. I was over by our fence and I looked up at my shadow on our wooden fence. There was something floating over my right shoulder. I looked up and saw nothing. I glanced back over at the fence and there it was- something over my shoulder. I looked up with just enough time to see a beautiful, giant, wonderful yellow butterfly. It came and went so fast, but I know it was Taylor saying hello. I am here. He knows that my favorite color is yellow and it seems the ones that I have been seeing lately have been the brightest yellow.
The second one was just this past weekend. We were in Sterling for the 4th of July. We had a great time with Nate's mom and dad. My sis and hubbie drove up from Arizona and we all went boating. The lake was full and calm. It was very relaxing and peaceful being on the water. Libby was not enjoying the heat, but we make-shifted a safe place for her. I was sitting with her and just watching her big blue eyes soak up the surroundings, when a yellow butterfly floated by. It caught her attention only for a moment. But it just made me realize he is always near.
The next day, my other sister, brother and parents came down to enjoy Sterling. The views there are truly amazing. The kids were playing and every now and then I would look up to see a big beautiful yellow butterfly. It seemed to stay with us for quite sometime. The last time I saw it, it was resting on a canopy. My sister came over and took a picture of it (not the pic above- will post soon) It was so graceful and delicate. Just as this life is.
My heart has been aching for my little boy. He knows that I think of him, miss him. So every now and then he sends me a little sign. Until we meet again... How joyous will that day be!
Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again
Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet
Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forgetFly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light
-Celine Dion-
4 comments:
that will always be taylor's song (fly). i will email you those pics of the butterfly. :) i love you!!
That is just beautiful! I am glad you got to spend time with your sisters this past holiday!
What are ya tryin to do, put us all in tears? What a cool post. Missed you last week. Sooooo sad you were sick. Hope you're better girly!
You made me cry lady!! That is the sweetest thing I have ever read. I really wish you could have come to Girls night out. We'll just have to do it again. :)
Post a Comment