We had a fun day out at Wheeler Farm last week. Our ward is doing a weekly playgroup and they all decided to head out to Wheeler Farm, mostly because the kids love it but for us it is FREE! They have ducks, chickens, geese(they are scary, so beware!), goats, sheep, pigs, baby cows, and bunnies!! The kids had a lot of fun feeding the ducks and scary geese, until one of the poor ducks was trying to get a piece of bread through the fence and he got his little head stuck! It was quite traumatic, but the farmers were able to free him and he was good as new. I think Big bro's favorite part was the huge rats that live under the pig pens. He thought it was so cool to see rats, of all things. What can I say? He is a boy! Big sis loved the bunnies. The little brown one in particular. I talk to her a lot about our family's bunny growing up. She thinks they are the cutest things ever. Just have to get Leia tame, then we will end up getting her one. Lil' sis just loved to be outdoors. It has been raining non-stop ( I am not joking) ever since school got out. She loved the animals, but was still pretty cautious about what to get close to. All in all, it was a fun day and perfectly timed. As soon as we got home, it down-poured!!

Friends

Big bro and friends standing on a bench to feed the ducks and geese.

Big sis and friends feeding the ducks.

Little Miss Mischief on our hands. She loves to get into EVERYTHING. Her new thing is to take everything out of drawers, cupboards, bags, shelves, closets, buckets, bins, baskets,etc (I think you get the picture) Here she is getting into my church bag.. I caught her just in the nick of time before it was a real mess! I love the look on her face. "I'm not doing anything, mom"

Her hair is finally growing! YEAH! And to top it off she has little curls coming up- Looks just like my hair when I was little, except for one huge thing. Hers is blond! Dad is darker, I am dark? Who knows. It is still dang cute!
1 comment:
what a fun playdate! Is that the farm that we used to go to for all those school field trips??? I miss Utah...always so much to do!
Libby looks a little like my Reece...blond and blue eyed! She is adorable!!!!!
Post a Comment