Saturday, March 7, 2009

Primary song of the month


I am the Primary chorister and I was having
THE hardest time coming up with a way to teach
the new song "Building an Eternal Family". I had
an idea in my head what I wanted to do, but could
not figure out how to put onto paper. My friend helped me create this house as a puzzle. Each piece of the puzzle is a line or 2 of the song. And as they learn the song, they build the house.

For the chorus, my friend suggested that we use paper dolls- I added keywords, or an action, or a tool to help me and the kids remember the chorus.

I was blown away at how cute it turned out and I have to admit, the primary kids picked up the chorus super fast...











4 comments:

Brock and Kristi said...

Lady, I am quite impressed. That is so dang cute. Our old chorister never did anything for the kids to remember the songs. She just got mad at them for not knowing them. So nice job! You are so dang cute. I'm so glad we were able to get together today!

Daisygirl said...

very cute and very creative...glad it was a hit!!!

Keri said...

i love how it turned out! a great visual.... is the other chorister using it as well? what are you going to do with all your song props when you aren't in primary anymore? it is way cute julie!!

Anonymous said...

And that is why you are the Primary Chorister. I am not that creative. Way to go!