Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lots of CRAFTS!



Ok, so I know I am super bad about posting on a regular basis. So sorry! But now you can see why. I have been sewing, coloring, glueing, pasting, for about a month now.. The first project and the biggest project right now is my quiet book. And although it has turned out so freakin' cute, it has been SO much work! Each page was super easy to start, just tracing with a black marker and then coloring.. Then you iron the crayon to make it permanant. But that was all easy. All of the pages took sewing on velcro or material or ribbon.. Each page is so different and unique- that is why I love it! I think my favorite page so far has been the Word of Wisdom. It has been so fun collecting all sorts of buttons. Also the pioneer wagon one. But let me tell you.. That was one that took FOREVER! I am no expert on sewing and such but I am uber proud!

!Also, I have been making I-spy bags for Valentines Day. I am in need of church quiet things so I decided to make these. Honestly, I could make 1,000 of these in the time this quiet book has consumed me! First you find some fleece or strong felt material. And vinyl. I thought "Where in the heck would you find this stuff?" Well, the Fabric store of course! You won't need very much!Then, you need to buy a bag of craft pellets from your local craft store. Then the FUN part! You pick and choose buttons that your child(ren) would like. For instance, Jack's has sports stuff and animals, Abbey's has makeup and fries, and Lib's has a castle and a baby bottle..

Then you cut your desired fabric into shapes (You can use the classic square, but I like to spice it up!) Remember, you'll need 2 sides of your shape.. Then take the shape that is the top, and cut out a hole in the center (For younger kids, the bigger the better) Then, take your vinyl and place under your hole. Sew around your hole, trying to get as close to the edge as possible.. Then cut any excess vinyl. The sew your shapes together, stopping with at least an inch or 2 to the end. Take your buttons and place them inside and then grab a funnel and pour the beads on in! I used more beads in the older kids ones.. Then sew up the the remaining 2 inches and there you GO! It only took me 15 minutes! And the kids liked to help place them in.

Well, I hope I inspired you all to be CRAFTY! Cause I'm off to another craft! Probably a dress? I'll let y'all know!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Daisygirl said...

you have been busy! I love your quiet book, Im sure that took ahwile to complete...

I like to sew but Im not very good. I made a bunch of baby blankets a year ago and got burnt out but maybe you'll get me inspired again. Its hard work! Can't wait to see what you come up with next ;)

Happy Valentines!♥♥♥

Valerie said...

Yay! I love the pics! What an awesome job you've done on both projects!

:D

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Coming by from A Daily Scoop Of Chaos-- I love following her blog, and wanted to check you out too!

These crafts are incredible-- and they don't seem too time consuming either! I have no crafty capabilities, and even less patience, so this is right up my alley :)

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Gedge's said...

THANKS everyone!! I am off to make a Valentine's dress.. Wish me luck!