Sunday, November 2, 2008

Big bro has a birthday


Big bro is 8 years old! Hard to believe, 8 years ago, I was very sick and he came into this world very sick. He had strawberry blond hair and the brightest blue eyes. He had to stay at the hospital for 20 long days. I remember the smell of the soap at the NICU. We had to wash our hands every time we visited him. He was sooooo small and so precious. He had the longest fingers and loved to hold his daddy's fingers. He didn't like eating very much and was the main reason for his extended stay at the hospital. I remember how I felt going home on my mom's birthday and not having him come home with us. I remember getting up 3 times to pump breast milk in the night and then Dad would take it to the hospital in the morning.


He came home right before Thanksgiving. Wow! We truly had a lot to be thankful for. He started out small, yet it didn't take long till he was a BIG baby. He weighed about 17 1/2 pounds at 4 months. (Libby is 6 months and only weighs 15) He loved dancing with Nate, watching Nini play, singing with his mom, and he still loves to be tickled. He was/is very smart and loves books. He would just sit in a corner for hours reading books. He has always loved animals. He wants to be a zookeeper and loves any trip to the zoo or animal books. He is very good at school and the teacher loves having him. I can't believe that he will be baptized in 4 weeks!!!! We love you Buddy!!!






1 comment:

Duffin Fam said...

I still remember when you had Jackson. We were at the hospital visiting Jodee, because she just had Nolan. We got home and listened to our answering machine and there was Nate telling us that you were a Mother and he was a Father. I was shocked because it was a month early and we could have visited you while we were just there with Jodee. we walked right by your room on the way out of the hospital, not knowing you were there. I remember coming to visit you and not getting to see Jackson. We are so glad he is happy and healthy now. He is such a smart, good and loving boy. Tabatha told me that she wants a picture of her and Jack in her High School Musical locket. I hope to see you soon. I mean to call you like everyday, but things go Aerie. You are such a good Mom!