Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Disneyland!!!




We just got back from Disneyland. Nate had a conference in Vegas and so we went along. We woke up early Wednesday morning and told the kids we were going home. We really went to California- The kids didn't realize that there were palm trees and California license plates all around us. We got off the exit and were right in front of the main gate at Disneyland, turned around and said, " Surprise. Instead of going home we decided to take you to Disneyland!" Jackson's first reaction was, "But,, I thought that we were going home?" Abbey had a grumpy face( see picture above) and then looked over at Disneyland and screamed with delight. Pretty cool surprise, I think. It was nice not having the whole way down, "Are we there yet? What rides are you going on?" I miss Disneyland already though. We had a blast the first two days. Friday was a joke- it was literally packed with Utahans, wall to wall.




We then took Abbey to American Girl Store in LA and she got to pick out whatever she wanted for her birthday. She picked twin bitty baby dolls with a stroller and 2 extra outfits. It was pricey but definitely worth it, since she might not get another opportunity to go any time soon. Our last stop was the Santa Monica Pier. The beach was perfect. What a great vacation!!!

2 comments:

Keri said...

cute disney pics- sounds like a fun getaway. i hear disneyland is crowded even in october!

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun. I want to go!! I love that pic of Jackson and Libby